About CAAMA Radio 8-kin FM
The CAAMA Radio network is an FM and online service which broadcasts Aboriginal radio to remote and regional Australia via satellite and to the world over the internet 24/7. The satellite footprint of the CAAMA satellite service is available to 2/3 of the country, we broadcast on 23 of our own transmitters 149 remote indigenous transmitters and approximately 35 self help transmitters on mine sites and roadhouses across outback and regional Australia with a listening audience in excess of 400,000 people.
Our programming is presented by a staff of 11 full time broadcasters, producers and trainees; we have a strong commitment to training with everyone undertaking training to certificate level. Our programming is in made up of language programs in 4 different indigenous languages from central Australia and English. We have a news service focusing on all indigenous issues, comprising 5 bulletins a day and a 1 hour current affairs program 5 days a week. We are the only station doing a regular indigenous news and current affairs service.
Radio story archives
Follow us on Twitter @caama
- New York... New York .... good luck from CAAMA http://t.co/IoyZItIeeX http://t.co/LaRrzRyIoY about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My journey has been about finding who I really am....Que Kenny ! http://t.co/MFHWE4VjrJ http://t.co/AsMdfY6Asz about 13 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Author Jenny Hocking says "The BIg Man " was devastated by dismissal ! http://t.co/2Q2dbVWs97 http://t.co/4DSCKigoJe 06:52:25 PM October 22, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Poverty in Australia.... who is most at risk ! http://t.co/5lwRgz1QM1 10:50:33 AM October 22, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Masters Close in STYLE! http://t.co/aJUFmi5DOa 09:20:18 AM October 19, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- These girls in after 8:30! @themcclymonts #TheMcclymontsOnCAAMA #OnlyOnCAAMA @ Alice Springs,… http://t.co/t8KIR2JtDo 08:54:06 AM October 17, 2014 from Instagram ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Star_Maker_Aust: Toyota Star Maker boys Jared Porter, Luke Austen and Luke Dickens headed to Alice Springs in the Northern... http://t.… 07:05:31 AM October 17, 2014 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Warren Mundine - we need to look beyond Government ! http://t.co/kLAnHSUKT3 http://t.co/xGHQOIzVZg 05:58:35 PM October 16, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- jaredcoleporter LIVE IN STUDIO with @mikaelaa_kjs #JaredOnCAAMA #OnlyOnCAAMA @ Caama Alice Springs http://t.co/AmXXRKWEWL 05:09:07 PM October 16, 2014 from Instagram ReplyRetweetFavorite
- jaredcoleporter in studio! LIVE ON #CAAMA #JaredOnCAAMA @ Caama Alice Springs http://t.co/4NfX7NkWQs 04:44:56 PM October 16, 2014 from Instagram ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Aranda Elder Defends Sistergirls at First LGBTIQ Meeting
It’s Friday again and you know what that means YES YES another episode of BROTHERS and on this weeks show the topic is the Alice Springs Pride Carnivale, to talk more about it, we are lucky to have a Brother from the Tiwi Islands Jason De Santis come on the show and talk about the things he gets up to down in the city being a play write, comedian, gender illusionist and performing on stage in a production that he has writing which has been touring all around the Country, trying to crack the international stage.
Also on the show CAAMA radio’s very own Justine Fenwick who is also performing at the Pride Carnicale, in his first show in a few years.
If you want us to tell your story or you would like us to talk about a topic that your are passonate about, let us know by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by and ask for Damien Williams.
- New York… New York …. good luck IMP squad from CAAMA
The passports are organised, suitcases are being packed and checklists being checked; the time has finally arrived!
The squad is just days away from arriving in Sydney before jetting off to the Big Apple.
It has been a whirlwind six months for each member of the squad. Reflecting on their very first camp in Canberra, that training run was the furthest most had ever run in their lives – 10km for the women and 15km for the men.
Fast forward hundreds of training sessions, one-on-one time with the foam roller, and slowly making friends with the dreaded ice bath, and the New York Marathon doesn’t know what’s about to hit it.
The squad of 10 personifies resilience, dedication, humility and unwavering determination.
Well done and good luck from all of us here at CAAMA.
- Dawn Fraser Shares Her Connection With Aboriginal Community
Australian Olympic Hero Dawn Fraser dropped into CAAMA Radio while visiting Alice Springs for the 2014 Masters Games Competition. CAAMA Radio Broadcaster Mikaela Simpson sat down with the sporting champion and gold medallist to talk about her connection with the Aboriginal Community and people of Ntaria.
- My journey has been about finding who I really am….Que Kenny !