About CAAMA Radio 8-kin FM
The CAAMA Radio network is an FM and online service which broadcasts Aboriginal radio to remote and regional Australia via satellite and to the world over the internet 24/7. The satellite footprint of the CAAMA satellite service is available to 2/3 of the country, we broadcast on 23 of our own transmitters 149 remote indigenous transmitters and approximately 35 self help transmitters on mine sites and roadhouses across outback and regional Australia with a listening audience in excess of 400,000 people.
Our programming is presented by a staff of 11 full time broadcasters, producers and trainees; we have a strong commitment to training with everyone undertaking training to certificate level. Our programming is in made up of language programs in 4 different indigenous languages from central Australia and English. We have a news service focusing on all indigenous issues, comprising 5 bulletins a day and a 1 hour current affairs program 5 days a week. We are the only station doing a regular indigenous news and current affairs service.
Radio story archives
Follow us on Twitter @caama
- Town Camp residents challenge grog laws again ! http://t.co/9bJDoFQQw0 06:47:45 PM April 17, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Territory breakaway MLA's tell why they walked........listen on CAAMA Radio http://t.co/CsI6v1yifA 01:20:34 PM April 17, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Tune into strong voices live with Alison Anderson, Larisa Lee & Francis Xavier. Photo by NITV #RebelStrongVoices http://t.co/kTi37ZsSvA 11:39:56 AM April 17, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Mental health expert discusses control... and how it can impact ! http://t.co/7hyW8zRn7H http://t.co/DcWKzxn2ad 04:18:47 PM April 16, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Founder of Australia's First Nations denies accusation that the party is racist ! http://t.co/LOUL7FIdc6 http://t.co/6N8VIngCkw 03:14:25 PM April 15, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Founder of Australia's First Nations denies accusation that the party is racist ! http://t.co/LOUL7FIdc6 01:28:06 PM April 15, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Adam vs Alison....the war of words in Territory politics continues ! http://t.co/xIieYyxHP2 04:04:58 PM April 14, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We cannot ignore the human question of the debate ...Race Discrimation Commissioner. http://t.co/BFM417vBsS http://t.co/zHkqkEWzvl 01:01:40 PM April 14, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- http://t.co/T1GJsqNcTT Aboriginal stories through Poetry. 02:02:05 PM April 11, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- We all need "Better Access" to mental health services. Jill Giese from APS chats on CAAMA Radio. http://t.co/ytE3hKKvrq 02:55:37 PM April 10, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Town Camp residents challenge grog laws again !
Alice Springs Town Camp residents have protested against laws which prevent them from having a drink in their own homes.
The rally was organized by Four Corners, a men’s leadership group at Tangentyere which is supported by the Intervention RollbackAction Group and the NT Greens.
- Happy Easter
CAAMA would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Easter!
- Bruce Pascoe Shares his story…
photo courtesy: http://www.portrait.gov.au
Award winning Aboriginal writer shares his story of reconnecting to his cultural roots and thoughts on proposed changes to the Racial Discrimination Act.
Listen into Strong Voices every Monday-Thursday from 11am-12pm to hear the rest of this interview.
- Territory breakaway MLA’s tell why they walked……..
(photo courtesy SBS)
A stern warning to both the Federal coalition and Giles CLP governments from the three breakaway Aboriginal MLA’s .. their people own more than 50 percent of the of the Northen Territory’s landmass and as such….they are key stakeholders in any future develoopments.
Veteran Northern Territory politician and the Member for Namatjira Alison Anderson says regardless of the Blain bi election Chiief Miinisted Adam Giles needs to be reminded that 18 months ago the poorest and most disadvantaged people in the Territory… put them into power.
Member for Arnehem Larissa Lee who joined Ms Anderson and member for Arafura Francis Xavier on the cross bench says the move creates political history.
- Mental health expert discusses control… and how it can impact !
“Behavior emerges from the natural properties of control systems as they interact with their environment. In engineering, control has been well explained only since the 1930′s. In the life sciences of today, control is not yet part of the explanation for behavior.” -explanation of Perceptual Control Theory.
Professor Tim Carey is a psychologist specializing in clinical psychology with a background in special education, and behavior management. Tim’s PhD topic explored the prevalence of counter control in primary school settings and he has continued to investigate the importance of control to psychological well being across a range of contexts.