In today's bulletin:
* Territorians are being warned of flash floods as a developing cloud band across Central Australia will bring possible thunderstorms and constant rain from Saturday until Monday.
* New research from the Cancer Council NSW has shown that Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander women are being left behind in the strategy to eliminate cervical cancer.
* The Australian Electoral Commission has proposed to change the electorate of Corangamite to Tucker in honour of Yorta Yorta woman Margaret Tucker in recognition of her work for citizenship rights for Aboriginal people.
* New figures show that 12 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children were adopted - 9 through known child adoption and 3 through local adoption in the last financial year.
* CLP Senator for the Northern Territory Dr Sam McMahon intends to draft legislation to provide more power to the Northern Territory to make its own laws for its citizens.
* Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs will face off tonight in the first round of the AFL season.