Get in contact with the CAAMA Newsroom: email@example.com
In today's bulletin (6pm):
- The return leg of the bike category was of the Finke Desert Race was cancelled yesterday after one man died and two were injured in a crash during the event.
- The AFL will be partnering with a new Aboriginal Radio Alliance to broadcast AFL matches to remote Indigenous communities in Australia.
- A number of Aboriginal Territorians have received honours as part of the 2021 Queen’s Birthday awards.
- More than 10,000 people have made appointments to get their COVID-19 vaccine in the past week, after everyone over 16 have become eligible to get the jab
- A law firm which has filed a class action looking to retrieve stolen wages from Aboriginal cattlemen says First Nation representation in the legal service will hopefully see more appropriate compensation for past injustices.
- The Barkly communities of Ampilatwatja and Wilora will see updates to their telecommunications services with upgrades to base stations in the communities.
- The Northern Land Council has welcomed reforms to the NT Aboriginal Land Rights Act, announced by the acting Prime Minister Michael McCormack over the weekend.
- A new program developed by Monash University will allow First Nations business leaders to upgrade their commerce skills and apply them into their communities.
- Aboriginal Hockey player Brooke Peris has been named in the squad to play in this year’s Tokyo Olympics.
CAAMA Radio produces four local news bulletins airing at 10am, 12pm, 4pm and 6pm every weekday