Get in contact with the CAAMA Newsroom: firstname.lastname@example.org
In today's bulletin:
* Anthony Albanese will establish a new $10bn social housing fund to build 30,000 affordable homes for vulnerable Australians and frontline workers if Labor wins the next federal election, as he promises to deliver for working families as prime minister.
* 70 Australians due to fly into Darwin today on the first repatriation flight from India in weeks were told they cannot board the plane after 48 passengers tested positive for COVID-19.
* Exclusive native title holders in Territory towns now have the opportunity to receive a freehold title for their land.
* The National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation or NACCHO have welcomed the latest spending into Aboriginal Health in this week’s budget but it missed key areas that delivered positive outcomes
* Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Journalists with a passion for storytelling are being encouraged to apply for a scholarship with the Walkley Foundation.
* A guard has told a coronial inquest into the black death in custody of Wayne Fella Morrison that he left the prison and travelled to Port Augusta on a “pre-planned” trip.
* Four nurses who had a duty of care over an First Nations man who took his own life in 2017 have been found guilty of professional misconduct by the New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).
* Walpiri woman and former Territory CLP MLA Bess Nungarai Price has called for Aboriginal people to own and take action the issue of domestic violence.
* Yolnu man and Independent MLA for Mulka Yingiya Mark Gulya, is calling for a reduction in wait time for applications to bring children back into kinship care.
And all the latest in sport.
CAAMA Radio produces four local bulletins airing at 10am, 12pm, 4pm and 6pm every weekday.