Get in contact with the CAAMA Newsroom: email@example.com
In today's bulletin:
* The Federal Court has ordered Telstra to pay a penalty of $50 million and costs for its treatment of First Nations customers in rural and remote parts of Australia.
* A South Australian MP has called for an independent inquiry into the death of an Aboriginal boy in Port Lincoln, who died when a garbage truck picked up a skip bin he was sleeping in with two other boys on Tuesday.
* An adjournment speech from the Member for Gwodja Chansey Paech in the Northern Territory parliament has hit out at racism on social media sites.
* Attorney General and The Minister for Aboriginal Affairs Selena UIbo has also strongly criticised Greens Senator Lidia Thorpe in a late night speech to the Northern Territory parliament last night.
*Ms Uibo also said in parliament today the Aboriginal Interpreter Service has provided essential work throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
* A response to a coronial inquiry tabld in NT Parliament last night said it will do better to Identify sexual harm.
* The Central Land Council is calling to be included in a co-designed model with Aboriginal organisations for jobseekers living in remote communities.
* A remote Aboriginal health clinic is worried about rhumatic heart disease going undetected in eight remote communities.
* and all the latest in sport.
CAAMA Radio produces four local bulletins airing at 10am, 12pm, 4pm and 6pm every weekday.