In today's bulletin:
* A Northern Territory government-commissioned report has identified asbestos debris littered across the remote Aboriginal community of Galiwin'ku on Elcho Island.
* Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders living in remote communities will likely be getting the COVID-19 vaccine earlier than firstly thought,
* The FabAlice Festival kicked off this weekend with a flag raising ceremony outside the Alice Springs police station.
* A proposed new knowledge centre in Olkola country in central Cape York has received funding support for its development from the Queensland Government.
* Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in parts of the NT this afternoon.
* And NRl players have been asked to continue adhering to COVID-19 protocols as the 2021 NRL season kicks off.