Robbie Dalton a Mudburra man from Top Springs, NT is currently a Senior Manager at Fisheries NT, but insists he’s a terrible fisherman.
Robbie who is married and the father of 3 boys was the recipient of a kidney transplant in 2015 through an act of kindness by his best mate Damien.
Five years post operation Mr. Dalton is doing well and enjoying life as a family man.
DonateLife Week 2020 runs from Sunday 26 July to Sunday 2 August
The week of awareness is dedicated to promoting organ and tissue donation. Across Australia, DonateLife agencies and community stakeholders help spread the word about the life changing gift of organ and tissue donation.
Mr. Dalton shares his story and talks about the importance of organ and tissue donation with Caama’s Josef Jakamarra Egger.
How you can get involved?
- Download the 2020 supporter kit.
- Download the signature block, posters and social media tiles by clicking on the resources tab above.
- Promote DonateLife Week on social media. Don’t forget to tag DonateLife Australia and to use our hashtags to join the conversation #DonateLife #DonateLifeWeek #DonateLifeWeek2020
- Contact your state DonateLife agency and find out what is happening in your local area.
- Register to be an organ and tissue donor – it only takes a minute! You just need your Medicare card handy.
- Once you’ve registered, make sure you tell your family and friends that you want to be an organ and tissue donor. Encourage them to register too!
- To find out more click on the link: https://donatelife.gov.au/resources/donatelife-week